MelbPC — Who Are We?
We are a club, interested in technology, computers, smartphones and similar, based in Melbourne — we have over 2,000 members. There are many Special Interest Groups (SIGs) which meet in various locations, including our headquarters in Moorabbin, other Melbourne suburbs, and a few locations in regional Victoria. The club commenced in 1984, focused on IBM compatible PCs. Today we have much broader interests. Members range from beginner to advanced, we learn from each other, and our motto is: members helping members. Our club's full name is Melbourne PC User Group Inc. Consider joining.
- Home — This webpage
- SIGs (Special Interest Groups) — List, Meetings & contact details, Webpages
- Monthly Meeting — Next & previous, raffle, live streaming
- Services — Mobile phone/data plans, Library, Venue hire, ...
- Members Area: about - Login
- For login-access, you need a MelbPC Account. Members can request one here.
- Office365 Cloud Services: about — MelbPC cloud services through our Enterprise subscription
- PC Update: about - Login — Newsletter/magazine download
- And more — Monthly Meeting videos, Committee minutes, ...
- About Us — club rules, Committee, ...
- Contact Us — address, phone, building access, map, ...
- Membership — Join the club, or renew your existing membership.
- Monthly Meeting:
- Committee Minutes & Financials: about - Login
- Feb-2017 (Draft) Minutes now available
- Jan-2017 Financials now available
- Calendar (PDF) — Meetings – 1-page PDF — SIGs, Monthly Meeting ...
- SIG Meetings — recent important CHANGES to regular schedule (last update: 24-Mar-2017), includes:
- Changes due to EASTER & ANZAC Day - Some cancelled, some date moved - stay tuned
- Linux SIG & Workshop (Moorabbin) – Cancel regular monthly Tue SIG meetings. Start regular monthly Sat workshops instead.
- Video Inner East SIG – a number of changes of meeting date Feb - Jun (inc.)
- PC Update: about - Login — download newsletter/magazine
- Mar-2017 issue: available for download.
- Apr-2017 issue: expected approx 1-Apr-2017
- Please use the "Calendar (PDF)" in the "Current Notices" area above.
- The Live Calendar here has been discontinued.
- We have a project to integrate our datasources of calendars (all 4 or 5 of them!) into one common datasource to gain labour efficiency and accuracy.
- As a part of that project, we plan to have a Live Calendar back on the website (sourced from Office365) when we have integrated the (Office365) Live Calendar with the single datasource. We don't know exactly when, but June-2017 might be a reasonable guess.